Both Al Jazeera and BBC offered extensive coverage of the recent WWI commemoration. Al Jazeera presented a 3-part TV series about the war viewed from an arab perspective. Watch the TV series here
Other resources online:
- A lecture series presented by The University of Washington. Here
- Listen to a 34-part BBC radio series here
- RT.com presents a documentary on the battle of Osowiec in World War I.
- NHK broadcast the documentary “Perfecting mechanized killings”
- nfb.ca documentary “And We Knew How to Dance: Women in World War I”
- Radioopensource.org radio show about the effect of WWI on music (50 min)
- Gresham.ac.uk presented their own 5-part lecture series, including a lecture on WWI medicine
- In the C-span archive there is an interesting lecture on WWI aviation and another one on WWI Sea Power.
- cctv documentary series: China’s Struggles in World War One Part 1 , Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 & Part 5 (5 X 30 min video)
- C-span also broadcast “America Goes Over”, a silent WWI film. They have added audio commentaries by two historians, giving it the feel of a modern documentary
- Watch the WWI dramas A Farewell to Arms (1931) or Hell’s Angels (1930)