I have discovered a free 9 part travel series from Thailand covering everything from the scenery to city life in Bankok and Thai boxing. Watch it here
- Al Jazeera documentary on the recent death of the Thai king.
- ABC Australia’s radio documentary on the king’s life.
The Thai have a very ambigous relationship with tourists. On the one hand they rely on them for their income, on the other some of the work they do is demeaning. On documentarytube.com you can watch the documentary “Bankok Girl” about the sex industry and the nightlife.
Archaeology Channel presents two 25 min documentaries:
Harvard University offers a few academic lectures on other aspects of life in Thailand:
- “Policing Bangkok: Detective Raids in the Thai Capital”
- “Shaping the Futures of Thai Cities”
- “The politics of rituals: humor and the vicissitudes of the Vessantara in Jakata in Thailand”
Other free resources: